Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring is Coming !! ?? . . listening for the right voice.

Are we listening to the right voice?

I thought Spring was coming!  
Well . . that is what the groundhog said!  Didn't he? 

At least Punxsutawney Phil came out of his hole,
whispered his groundhogese in the ear of the
President of the Inner Circle - saying so.

The President of the Inner Circle said that's what he said.
But . . . . how would we know?   He could have said anything. 
It's been about a week since Phil's prophetic declaration.
Here I sit, wrapped up in a blanket

Snow is falling
Wind is blowing
Roads are drifting
Temperatures are dropping

Wait just a minute!!  I just looked.
It has finally warmed up a little,
all the way up to 6 degrees below zero.
I feel so much better now. 

Doesn't sound like Spring to me. 
Whatever made me think I could listen to a beady-eyed rodent? 

I was listening to the wrong voice.

How many times do we listen to the wrong voice
or hear the wrong words?
Sometimes WE even voice the wrong words
Sometimes we even tell ourselves the wrong things. 

I wonder why?

Afraid to face the truth?
We don't know the difference?

Maybe we've listened to the wrong words
and told ourselves the wrong things for so
long that we now believe them.

How sad! 

I'm NOT listening to a pampered groundhog any more. 
What WAS I thinking? 

I know an excellent Book that explains the Truth.
Its words will set you free. 

WAIT!!!  I don't want you to misunderstand.
It won't tell you when Spring is coming or when the
last snow will be..

But . . .  It will show you how to live
It will show the right way to view life. 

It WILL tell you that the Son is coming. 

The Inner Circle connected with this Book
is ALWAYS right. 


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.     John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment