Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last night's dream

Under construction.  

Today's devotional really 'spoke' to me today.  Especially after my vivid dreams during the night. 
It was based on Ps 84 - which is below.  


But first to my dream.

I dreamt that my parents had a new huge house. 

There was room there for ALL their children, grand-children
and great-grandchildren. 

It was noisy, but calm and peaceful. 
It was awesome. 
I've never seen anything like it and never seen Mom & Dad so content. 

EVERYONE was there!!
Did you get that?
EVERYONE was there! 
Not just the ones who are now living. 
  



Here's the devotional that was waiting for me upon awakening from my dream: 

"What joy for those whose strength comes from the LORD,
   who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
When they walk through the Valley of Weeping,
   it will become a place of refreshing springs.
   The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings.
They will continue to grow stronger,
   and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem."
Psalm 84:5-7



I believe my dream last night was of my parents' home in Heaven



And today I'm especially praying that all their children, grand-children
and great-grandchildren will be there. 

I can't imagine anything that Mom & Dad would love more.  

You'all come, won't you?   


Encouragement for today from the passage above:  Psalm 84 


This life is a journey, a journey toward our true home, pictured here as Jerusalem.
On the way, we do walk thorough the Valley of Weeping. These verses say you grow strong through weeping, and the tears shed are transformed into pools of blessing. Certainly something to meditate on today! First, let yourself cry when you need to. Let God consecrate and transform the tears. What you end up with are refreshing springs-refreshment for you and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment